A few more weeks and it’s been 5 years. For some it’s the time to ask themselves: what if 9/11 never happened?
- We’d be in a tense standoff with China?
- Your apartment would be worth a lot less?
- The Supreme Court would have a monument to the ten commandments?
- Bush’s war would be at home?
- We’d have bought a little time?
- New York would be unrecognizable?
- Freddy Ferrer would be mayor?
- The London airplane plot would have worked?
- The new downtown? The new west side? Atlantic yards? Forget it.
- The US would have a sane oil policy?
- We wouldn’t look up?
- We’d have peace, trivia, and foreboding?
- Mobile, Alabama, would be a happier place?
- Bush would have launched a Marshall plan for New Orleans?
- New York wouldn’t know how important it is?
Wouldn’t it have been nice if Bernard-Henri Levy were right: The Week Would Have Seven Sundays